The Zoom F1 Field Recorder + Lavalier Mic is perfect for videographers who need to capture the nuance of every word with professional quality audio.
Combining the two-channel F1 audio recorder with the Zoom LMF-1 omnidirectional lavalier microphone. It’s low-profile design attaches neatly to belts or waistbands, and fits inside pockets without being seen. The F1 provides videographers, vloggers, and journalists with a solution to capture high-quality audio for video, no matter how far away the subject is from the camera.
Equipped with a stereo 3.5mm mic/line input that delivers plug-in power to small microphones, and a proprietary 10-pin connector compatible with all optional Zoom microphone capsules. It records stereo audio up to 24-bit/96 kHz in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats, directly to microSD or microSDHC cards.
A series of one-touch buttons gives you quick access to record level, limiter control, lo-cut filter, and volume output. As well, a 3.5mm stereo phone/line output jack, dedicated volume control and monochromatic LCD display, which is easy to read even in bright sunlight.
Essential features for videographers include a tone generator for setting levels, sound markers for aligning audio and video, on-board limiter to keep your levels in check when loud spikes in volume occur and a Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons.
The micro-USB port allows for data exchange to and from a computer and also enables the F1 as an audio interface with a computer or iOS device.
Powered by 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or an AD-17 AC adapter (not included) offers a run time of up to 10 hours. The unit ships with a windshield, mic clip, and a belt clip.
- Two-channel recorder
- Includes LMF-1 omnidirectional lavalier microphone
- Lightweight and low-profile design—attaches to belts and waistbands, or fits inside pockets without being seen
- Compatible with all Zoom microphone capsules
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio
- Broadcast WAV format (BWF)—files are automatically time-stamped
- Multiple MP3 formats
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25″ monochromatic LCD display can be read under bright light
- Record Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo 3.5mm mic/line input jack with plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo 3.5mm phone/line output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in limiter and auto level control to avoid clipping
- Low-cut filter
- Pre-Record function
- Tone generator for calibrating audio levels between the F1 and a DSLR video camera without the need for an attenuation cable
- Sound marker function outputs quick tone for syncing audio and video
- Records directly to microSD and microSDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro-USB port for data exchange to and from computer
- Use as an audio interface to record directly to your computer or iOS device
- Runs on two standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AD-17 AC adapter (available separately)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries (when using lavalier)
- Includes windscreen, belt clip, mic clip
|Type||2-channel audio recorder|
44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
48, 128, 192, 256, 320 kb/s
Mono/stereo ID3v1 tags supported
|Recording Media||microSD and microSDHC cards (Class 4 or higher, up to 32 GB)|
Proprietary 10-pin connector, compatible with all Zoom mic capsulesMic/Line In
Connector: 1/8″ / 3.5 mm stereo mini, with screw lock
Plug-In Power: 2.5 V
Input gain: −12 dB to +36 dB
Input impedance: 2 kOhms or more
|Outputs||Connector: 1/8″ / 3.5 mm stereo mini, with screw lock
Maximum Output Level: 2 x 11 mW (into 32 Ohms load)
|Lavalier Microphone||Type: LMF-1
Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
Plug: 1/8″ / 3.5 mm stereo mini, with screw lock
Sensitivity: -32 dB/1 Pa at 1 kHz
Maximum Sound Pressure Input: 115 dB SPL
Cable Length: 5.2″ / 160 cm
Micro-USBMass Storage Operation
USB 2.0 high-speedAudio Interface Operation
2 x in / 2 x out
44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit
|Power||2 x AAA batteries, alkaline, NiMH, or lithium
AD-17 AC adapter (available separately): 5 VDC / 1 A
|Recording Time||With Lavalier Mic (48 kHz/24-bit, Mono, Plug-In Power On):
Alkaline Batteries: 10 hours, approximately
NiMH Batteries (750 mAh): 9 hours, approximately
Lithium Batteries: 16 hours, approximately
|Display||1.25″, LCD monochrome|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||64.0 x 79.8 x 33.3 mm|
|Weight||120.0 g (without batteries)|
The Zoom F1 Field Recorder + Lavalier Mic is the perfect solution for videographers who need to capture the nuance of every word with professional quality audio.